OUR HISTORY

©2010 Axletech International
In 1919, Colonel Willard F. Rockwell purchased a small axle company so that he could pursue his own ideas for heavy duty axle design. Those ideas led to his original patent for double reduction axles – the basis for the famed 2.5-ton Rockwell axles that continue to perform today in demanding vocations worldwide. That small axle company, located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, grew to be part of Rockwell International and is now the flagship manufacturing location of AxleTech International – the world’s premier manufacturer of heavy duty planetary and portal axles.